Additional Product Information:
Use the fusible version on sheer fabrics such as organdy, organza, lame, sheer silks and more to establish a solid type fabric that is easier to hoop and embroider. Once the embroidery is complete, all the stabilizer rinses away and will not shadow through.
Use the sticky version of Wet N Gone® to embroider delicate designs on hard to hoop items such as the corners of handkerchiefs, silk blouse collars and more.
- Create free standing lace and use just one layer for most designs
- Perfect for making appliqués, decorative pins and/or 3-D embroidery.
- Rinses clean leaving no messy residue
- Use as a topping for wide satin stitch designs on high pile fabrics for perfect results!
To use regular Wet N Gone® for free standing lace and/or embroideries:
- Hoop one layer of the stabilizer within the embroider frame. Try to achieve "tight as a drum" tension without stretching or distorting the stabilizer.
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the product from the hoop and trim away as much of the stabilizer as possible.
- Rinse away the Wet N Gone® using luke warm water. *Tip - If your desire is to have the lace stiff, simply get the embroidery wet. Don't rinse! Once it is wet, the stabilizer will be absorbed into the stitching and will dry stiff.
To use Wet N Gone Fusible®:
- Fuse one layer of the stabilizer on to the back of the fabric. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the hoop to insure proper stabilization. *Important - Use a low temp (260°, silk) setting on your iron. Do not touch the surface of your iron to the Wet N Gone Fusible®, use a press cloth (muslin or cotton). Press quickly! It is not necessary to hold the iron to the fabric for more than three seconds.
- Repeat steps 2-4 from above.
To use Wet N Gone Tacky®:
- Place one layer of the product in your embroidery hoop, paper side up.
- Score the release paper with a pin or needle and peel back.
- Stick the garment or item to be embroidered in place and smooth out any wrinkles.
*Tip - It is necessary to use "soft" water to get optimal rinse results with this product.
- Repeat steps 2 - 4 from above.