Embellish Fusible Bold Underlay
Fusible Support for Heavily Embellished Fabrics
Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold is for use to strengthen and fortify fabrics before embroidering. Prepping the fabric will add the needed fiber count to make even the densest embroidery stitch with perfection without puckering, shredding or damage by constant needle penetration. Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold creates a protective barrier without changing the drape or feel of the fabric. Use to add substance to burlap, sweater knit or cotton fabric when creating purses or home décor projects. Can also be used to cover scratch stitches on the inside of a garment.
Also, ideal for adding body to fabrics for hand-work embroidery and beading. When using with machine embroidery, use an Embellish™ stabilizer and topper when hooping. Also available in lighter version.
Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold is not a stabilizer but a “prep” for better embroidery.
- Creates a bond with delicate fabrics without changing the face or drape of the fabric
- Fuse over the back of an embroidery design to cover scratchy stitches.
- Keeps fabric from raveling or shredding during the embroidery or stitching process.
To use Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold:
- Cut a piece of Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold at least one inch larger than the embroidery design area. If prepping fabric for a quilt block it is recommended to use a piece as large as the block.
- Place the fusible side (textured side) of Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold to the wrong side of the fabric and press using a low temp, dry iron (silk setting) **It is necessary to use a pressing cloth or sheet between the iron and Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold.
- Embroider or embellish the item using the appropriate stabilizer in addition to Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold.
- If desired, after the embroidery is complete, fuse one layer of Embellish™ Fusible Underlay Bold over the back of the design to keep it from scratching the wearer’s skin. Use a burst of steam to create a permanent bond between Embellish Fusible Underlay Bold and the base fabric.